On March 28 2018, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIDI) published changes to its immigration programs, notably the PEQ (Programme d’expérience québécoise) and Quebec Skilled Worker program. These changes are to be implemented at a later date.
Changes to the PEQ:
– work experience of all NOC occupation level will be considered as valid work experience
– the dependent spouse of a student or temporary worker will be able to be the main applicant for this program, provided he/she meets the criteria
Changes to the Quebec Skilled Worker program:
– no program opening until at least August 15 2018
– announcement to a change to an Expression of Interest system, similar to Canada Express Entry (no precise date)
– there is an important application backlog to be cleared