The Province of Quebec has two very famous business immigration programs: Quebec Investor Program and Quebec Entrepreneur program. Both offer Canadian Permanent Residence to applicants who are either willing to invest without interest OR purchase a new or existing business.
NEWS: These programs are reopened from April 1 2016 to March 31 2017 and will accept:
– 50 applicants in the Entrepreneur category – QUOTA FILLED ALREADY
– 1900 applicants in the Investor category, applications will be sent from May 31st 2016 onwards.
For the Quebec Investor Program, you must:
– Have net assets of at least $1,600,000 CAN obtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed.
– Have, for at least 2 years in the 5 years preceeding the application for a selection certificate, experience in management in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies;
– Invest $800,000 CAN with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program.
To qualify for the Quebec Entrepreneur Program you must have:
– have net assets of at least C$300,000 that have been legally obtained
– have at least 2 years’ experience in running a business acquired during the 5 years preceding the date you submitted your application in a lawful and profitable business (agricultural, industrial or commercial) that you manage, alone or with your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, controlling at least 25% of the capital equity.
– present your application in one of the two following program components:
1) Ability to carry out a business project component: submit a business project with the purpose of creating or acquiring a business (agricultural, industrial or commercial) in Québec that you will manage yourself or that you will participate in as management and operations partner on a daily basis. You must control, alone or with your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, at least 25% of the capital equity with a value of at least C$100,000.
2) Acquisition of a business in Québec component: have acquired in Québec, alone or with your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, at least 25% of capital equity in a business (agricultural, commercial or industrial) with a value of at least C$100,000. You must manage the business yourself or participate in it as management and operations partner on a daily basis.
Please contact us today to find out more information about these programs.