Why Use a Lawyer or a Registered Consultant?


Owner and president Elise Michaud in the Montreal office. 

In Canada, only a few categories of professionals can legally represent you for your immigration project. Canadian Lawyers, Notaries (for the province of Quebec) and Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) can be legally paid to offer Canadian immigration services and represent clients with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and various provincial immigration ministries. Please note that commissioners of oaths are NOT allowed to offer immigration advice.

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) and Canadian Lawyers go through rigourous studies and a process of exams and certification to make sure they fully master the knowledge of assisting clients through the Canadian immigration process. They are regulated by strict codes to insure their clients of offering only the very best professional service. Whoever you chose to represent and advise you regarding Canadian immigration, please make sure that person is a member in good standing of a provincial Bar Association or the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC).

At EM Immigration Consulting Inc., the owner and president Elise Michaud, MA, RCIC is Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant and a member in good standing of the CICC, member number R510034. She is also recognized by the Quebec Ministry of Immigration (MIDI – Ministere de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion) as an Immigration Consultant, member number 11549.